The new website is not only much easier on the eye, but more importantly, it’s designed with the TME customer firmly in mind.
- The new website’s most prominent feature is the new Tabbed Navigation. These drop-down tabs allow customers to quickly and easily find the information that they need
- TME cater for wide range of applications, and the new website reflects this diversity, with industry-specific pages under the Applications tab, displaying products that are relevant to each application.
- Alternatively, if customers are interested in specific products, such as ‘Handheld Thermometers’ or ‘Kits’, they can specify within the Products tab
- As UK manufacturers and designers, TME is constantly developing new products and attending industry trade shows. Customers can keep up-to-date with the News and Articles tabs
- Homepage has regular updates on special offers, product highlights, and a ‘What’s Popular’ section
Detailed product information
Users now have the ability to drill down to individual products with close up images, detailed data sheets and specifications, suggestions on compatible products and relevant articles about new products and common temperature problems and solutions.
The new site is fully e-commerce, with customers being able to create a user login, save items to a cart/wishlist and buy directly online. Supporting a variety of payment methods, including: Sagepay, Paypal, debit cards, and major credit cards, the site ensures that payment is quick and most importantly, secure.
Social platforms have become vitally important in the past few years, and TME is now caught-up on all things Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Google+ and Pinterest, with integrated social media buttons on the site, and a Youtube video embedded on the homepage.
And the results?
- Web traffic global ranking increased by 81% from Aug 2013-Feb 2014
- Number of online orders is 80% higher for the 7 month period since the website launch than for the previous 7 month period
- 76% rise in total online order revenue for the 7 month period since the website launch than for the previous 7 month period